Tuesday, March 10, 2009
rss continued
so i think that rss will not be useful to me personally as i dont spend very much time on the computer unless im at work. i dont really surf that much. i think rss is interesting and a bit confusing. it just seems to me like i would just go to the website in the same amount of time that i am going to read the rss and be clicking on those. i feel like the rss is just the headlines, like a brief summary. is this correct? arent you just going to end up at the website when you click on a topic? i suppose it might be useful at work to give employees brief updates but that could be done in twitter as well. it can be useful to patrons on the library website to see what is new on the site if they prefer to receive the info through rss instead of just going to the website.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

A couple of thoughts...first, since you have a Blogger account, you automatically have a Google Reader account. I know it is odd. Google owns Blogger. I'm 99% sure you wouldn't need to set up a new account if you ever decided to try an RSS reader.
ReplyDeleteSecond, RSS is weird. I think how much info you see depends on how the provider sets up their feed. In some of my feeds, I can see a whole article. Some give me a headline that I can click on to see the first paragraph, with the option to go to their site and read the whole thing. Then others only give me the headline and the option to go to their site. I read so many things on the web that RSS keeps me somewhat sane. But your mileage may vary. :)